in the news

I received a special request to create a tea tree essential oil soap awhile back. Tea tree oil is widely known for its beneficial properties for the skin. Can you believe that in all my years of making soap I had never made a soap using any essential oil?



I used only coconut oil (instead of my usual combination of olive oil, coconut oil, shea butter, castor, babassu, and sweet almond oil). I superfatted the recipe 20% and added some activated charcoal. In hopes of toning down the tea tree oil's potent aroma, I also added some lemon essential oil. The tea tree oil wasn't having it, as there is only a hint of citrus. The soap has now cured over six weeks and is ready to go to its recipient.

All of that to say that I was inspired to explore making soaps that include other ingredients besides the ones that I have predominantly worked with over the years. I look forward to exploring the possibility of making soaps with essential oils, natural colorants, herb infused oils and other additives.

I will continue making the soaps I currently make because those are great too! I'm just going to explore other methods and ingredients. I hope you will join in the adventure and enjoy the soaps.

Comments